Here is a proposal for a play list to get in the mood to advance health literacy
- for and with others!
The play list is inspired by the definition of health literacy developed by the European Health Literacy Consortium:
Health literacy is closely linked to literacy and entails the knowledge, motivation and competency to access, understand, appraise and apply information to form judgement and make decision concerning healthcare, disease prevention and health promotion in everyday life to maintain and promote quality of life during the life course.
1. Access Information: William Spivery - Operator. Give Me Information
2. Understand Information: Shawn Mendes - Understand
3. Appraise Information: Bo Diddley - You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover
4. Apply Information: Jamiroqai - Soul Education
5. Healthcare: Leonard Cohen - Ain't no Cure for Love
6. Disease Prevention: Donna Summer - Protection
7. Health Promotion: Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
8. Quality of Life: Carpenters - I am on the Top of the World
9. Life Course: Lukas Graham - 7 Years
Which songs would be on your health literacy play list?